Blanche offered a wonderful wine pairing with light and dark chocolates. Please see below for the details:
Here are some of Blanche’s favorite red wines, moving from left to right as placed on the table:
1. Crios – Rose of Malbec – Mendoza, Argentina, 2011
2. Primal Roots Red Blend, CA 2010 – mixture of Merlot, Syrah and Zinfindel
3. Sterling – Vintner’s Cellection – Meritage – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot, Central Coast, CA, 2009
4. Gnarly Head, Vintage Old Vine Zin, Lodi Zinfandel, Napa, CA, 2010
5. Bonterra, Cabernet Sauvignon – Organic, Mendocino County, CA, 2009 (Thank you, Geri, for your contribution)
The lighter wines (1-3 listed above) paired nicely with the milk chocolates from Switzerland , Ritter Sport’s Alpine Milk Chocolates and Hershey kisses. The heavier, more full bodied reds (4-5 listed above) paired well with the darker chocolates – Lindt Excellence Chocolate Line – 70% and 90% Cocoa.
Thank you, Blanche! It was a great success!