The Golden Crowned Kinglet
Here are some questions to consider as you read:
1. How has this book affected the way you view winter now? Has your view changed?
2. What did you find surprising in how animals adapt to winter?
3. What adaptations have you made personally to handle winter?
4. What observations have you made of animals and insects in winter, outside and inside?
5. What is your favorite form of H20? How do you interact with it?
6. Have your spotted any nests now that it is winter and they are more readily visible?
Alder Stream, Maine, where Heinrich looks for Kinglets (p. 119)
Here is a site for nest identification: http://www.thebirdersreport.com/egg-and-nest-identification